Laundry

123
Rebecca Rebecca

Re: Laundry

Just found your posting, after posting my own inquiry specifically about soap nuts (soap berries.)  Do they work on laundry that's actually dirty, or will I still need "real" detergent for dinner table napkins and boy's jeans?  Thanks in advance,
Rebecca in Toronto
gennarator gennarator

Re: Laundry

I've been making this laundry detergent for over a year and love it! You can change it up by using different package-free soaps.

Homemade Laundry Detergent:
1 part Borax (usually I use 1 cup)
1 part Washing Soda (usually I use 1 cup)
1 Bar of soap grated with a cheese grater
Mix well in a bowl with a wooden spoon
Store in jar, use 1 heaping tbs per load
Marihelenv Marihelenv

Re: Laundry

I make my own soap too. I only use 1/8th a cup so it lasts about 8 months.
123