Junk Mail Help

endearing endearing

Junk Mail Help

I am having a war with junk mail! I am a photographer and it appears that all the photography businesses sell your information or rent your information to the other photography businesses. When I try to call to get off their mailing lists, I am not in "their" database because they get my information from someone else. Has anyone dealt with anything similar? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it.
Scott Scott

Re: Junk Mail Help

I have not been on any specific photography mailing lists - but I do believe that this practice is common across many industries.  I know that Bea just attacks each piece of mail as it comes in the door...as soon as she picks up a piece of junk mail, she is on the phone, calling the company to be removed from the list, asking for their manager to find out where they got their list, and specifically saying "Please do not sell, rent or trade my name or address".

For the most part, it seems to work.  We get maybe one junk item a week or every other week - and then she attacks that as well...

Good luck!