Instead of a lady's wallet

My old wallet just wore out, and I found an idea on pinterest that will allow me to not replace it.

The only things I carry in my wallet anymore are cards-- the debit card, store loyalty cards, insurance information cards, and so-on.  I rarely carry cash, and when I do I keep it in my pocket.  I never carry my checkbook anymore, so really it's just cards.

The idea I found was from Martha Stewart.  She suggests punching a hole in all of the cards ( being careful to avoid t he magnetic stripe and any other important regions) and putting them on a key ring.  Now I can easily toss the ring of cards in my tote bag/ purse and be off.  I didn't punch a hole in my drivers license since that invalidates it in my state, but everything else was ok to be punched. my drivers license fits nicely in a small zip pocket in the inside of my bag anyway.

We had an extra key ring on-hand, so I think this was a great solution.  If I hadn't had one, I would have asked friends and relatives if they had one I could have.  Key rings seem to be abundant items in junk drawers.

I hope someone out there appreciates this tip!
jacqueline jacqueline

Re: Instead of a lady's wallet

Brilliant idea; thanks Trish!
Another option I like for the less important cards (loyalty, membership and the like) is an app called Stocard. You search for your card among the list it supports and scan it in. Doesn't do anything to reduce waste, but it's brilliant for reducing handbag load.