Indian Meal Moths

Indian Meal Moths Indian Meal Moths

Indian Meal Moths

So we have gone to buying all of our grains in bulk - and we just discovered Indian Meal moths. They have consumed all of our grains. Does anyone know how to prevent them. Especially since all of our food is in bulk glass containers. They crawled from one glass container to the next. Any help would be great on how to prevent them from coming and how to kill them .

thanks
Dawnie Dawnie

Re: Indian Meal Moths

http://houndsinthekitchen.com/2010/01/22/how-to-store-bulk-flour/

I found this link when I was thinking about buying my flour in bulk.  I don't know if it would kill Indian Meal Moths specifically, but it's the only advice I have.  I have a big freezer and would have kept the flour there until I needed it myself.

Good luck!
jessica jessica

Re: Indian Meal Moths

i actually quit buying bulk grains for a while b/c of this problem (before finding Bea's blog that is!) a "trick" my mom taught me is to store a couple dried bay leaves in each container...so far whenever i have done this i have never had moths hatch out.  i don't know if there are different varieties  and maybe i was just lucky...but i do keep doing it (and make sure you have tight lids on your containers).