If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Janette Janette

If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Hi,

If you can't find bulk hair conditioner locally where you can refill your own bottles, what's the next best option? Buying the largest container possible so there's less surface area of plastic?

It's hard enough to find a conditioner that doesn't leave my curly hair frizzy, much less one that contains nontoxic ingredients, much less one that isn't packaged in a tiny plastic bottle! Has anyone had success?

What about online shopping, like on Etsy? Maybe an Etsy retailer would let me mail a bottle to refill? Or would that not be worth it in shipping costs? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I've just found a company Milk and Honey Naturals, that makes solid hair conditioner. I had already tried the one by Lush, but found it difficult to use and the scent was too strong. I haven't ordered one from Milk and Honey yet, but was planning to. They seem to have a lot of nice scents at least. At least solids are wrapped in paper, not big plastic bottles. Not sure about their shipment packaging, though...

http://www.milkandhoneynaturals.net/shop.html#!/~/category/id=3713450&offset=0&sort=priceAsc
Rollie
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Nice! I'll check it out. Perfect timing because I'm not very happy with the conditioner I'm using, for reasons other than its tiny plastic bottle. My hair is supposed to be curly but doesn't curl anymore. I thought it was a problem with my hair gel, but now I think it's the conditioner. Time for some experimenting!

Janette

On Sep 23, 2013 2:16 PM, "Rollie Lal [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've just found a company Milk and Honey Naturals, that makes solid hair conditioner. I had already tried the one by Lush, but found it difficult to use and the scent was too strong. I haven't ordered one from Milk and Honey yet, but was planning to. They seem to have a lot of nice scents at least. At least solids are wrapped in paper, not big plastic bottles. Not sure about their shipment packaging, though...

http://www.milkandhoneynaturals.net/shop.html#!/~/category/id=3713450&offset=0&sort=priceAsc

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4025583.html
To unsubscribe from If you can't find bulk conditioner..., click here.
NAML
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Great! Let us know if you like it and how it works on curls (my daughter has curls too). I'll order some too.
Rollie
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Did you have any luck with the store locater?

Janette

On Sep 23, 2013 2:30 PM, "Rollie [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great! Let us know if you like it and how it works on curls (my daughter has curls too). I'll order some too.
Rollie

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4025585.html
To unsubscribe from If you can't find bulk conditioner..., click here.
NAML
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I've just sent them an email asking if they have any locations near me. Hopefully they'll respond.
Rollie
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I did the same thing. She responded quickly through Etsy. I'm going to get some tomorrow!

Janette
On Sep 24, 2013 1:58 PM, "Rollie [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just sent them an email asking if they have any locations near me. Hopefully they'll respond.
> Rollie

> NAML

Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Yes, she replied quickly to me too. Sadly, no shops anywhere in my vicinity. So, I'll have to order online. Let me know how well it works! That way I'll know whether to order one, two, or three!
Rollie
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

So far, so good! I used it this morning, and my hair seems to be behaving better already. Unfortunately, it was $12 at the spa. I received the online price since I complained, but that might mean the online price is going to go up. You might want to go ahead and get a couple of them. The owner recommended Sweet Rosemary Orange for fine, wavy hair. Hope it works for you and your daughter!

Janette

On Sep 24, 2013 1:58 PM, "Rollie [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've just sent them an email asking if they have any locations near me. Hopefully they'll respond.
Rollie

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4025590.html
To unsubscribe from If you can't find bulk conditioner..., click here.
NAML
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

That's great! I'm going to order it right now before they hike the price. Thanks for the review!

Rollie
Rollie
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I bought the orange sandalwood solid conditioner, and it works amazingly! It's strong, so you just need to use a little. I first used JR Liggett's shampoo bar, then did a quick rinse through my hair of a few spoons vinegar in a bottle of water (to fight the hard water), then used the Milk and Honey Naturals conditioner. My hair is now unbelievably soft. I don't think I can ever go back to  bottled shampoo and conditioner.
Rollie
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

That's fantastic! What type of hair do you have? I thought I'd try a few different favors of the solid. When I run out of plastic-bottle conditioner, I'll order more of the Milk and Honey Naturals solid. What a great find!

Janette

On Oct 17, 2013 12:09 PM, "Rollie [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I bought the orange sandalwood solid conditioner, and it works amazingly! It's strong, so you just need to use a little. I first used JR Liggett's shampoo bar, then did a quick rinse through my hair of a few spoons vinegar in a bottle of water (to fight the hard water), then used the Milk and Honey Naturals conditioner. My hair is now unbelievably soft. I don't think I can ever go back to  bottled shampoo and conditioner.
Rollie

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4025641.html
To unsubscribe from If you can't find bulk conditioner..., click here.
NAML
Rollie Rollie

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Thanks! I have long, straightish/wavy fine hair. It's not particularly dry except on the ends. But I admit, this conditioner made even the straw-like ends of my hair soft. I'm about to try it on my daughter too, and she has curly, fine hair that tangles very easily. I have a feeling it will work well, but will post the results when we're done.
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I bet that flavor would work well for me, too. Thanks for the update!

Janette

On Oct 17, 2013 2:54 PM, "Rollie [via Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks! I have long, straightish/wavy fine hair. It's not particularly dry except on the ends. But I admit, this conditioner made even the straw-like ends of my hair soft. I'm about to try it on my daughter too, and she has curly, fine hair that tangles very easily. I have a feeling it will work well, but will post the results when we're done.

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4025644.html
To unsubscribe from If you can't find bulk conditioner..., click here.
NAML

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

I get my conditioner refilled at my hairdresser's salon.  She fills  my 16 ounce container with the unscented conditioner I like and knocks 2 USD off the price she would charge for a 16 ounce bottle of the same stuff.

Walk into any beauty salon and see if they'll refill your container from their bulk collection. Most salons have gallons of stuff sitting around, it's the product they use on the customers so they buy it in bulk.

I prefer unscented products and it's difficult to find unscented conditioner to begin with, let alone bulk product.

Good luck!
Janette Janette

Re: If you can't find bulk conditioner...

Great  tip! Thank you so much!

Janette

http://forum.994912.n3.nabble.com/If-you-can-t-find-bulk-conditioner-tp4025513p4026565.html