Ice for parties?

Cateau Cateau

Ice for parties?

Hello,

We're having a BBQ today and I just realized I don't know where/ how to get ice for the drinks without plastic. Our fridge isn't big enough to pre-chill everything sufficiently, and my little stainless ice tray can't do the job either.

Has anyone out there figured out how to chill drinks for a large group without buying ice in a plastic bag?

Thanks so much!

Cateau
trish trish

Re: Ice for parties?

Have any friends in the restaurant business?  You could bring a bucket to their ice machine and fill it up if they wouldn't mind.
Cateau Cateau

Re: Ice for parties?

That's a great idea, Trish. I don't have any restauranteur friends I'm close enough to ask that favor, but if I did, I definitely would!

We happen to have a freezer in our garage, so I'm making ice in advance and keeping it there. It's the best I could come up with for now, and it works fine.