I love Bea's office---no cords showing or paper clutter!

Debbie Debbie

I love Bea's office---no cords showing or paper clutter!

I use a regular computer and so beneath my desk you can see cords and my office really needs a makeover. I have it pared down really well but would love it looking like Bea's!

 My CPU is on the floor and the cords to the printer, pencil sharpener, TV, stereo speakers etc are in a jumble in the back.

on my desk are my pencil container, a wire in-box, some colored pens and whatever project I am working on.

any insight into how to get the minimalist look Bea has would be appreciated.

Maybe because she has a cabinet it is more streamlined?
Cindy Cindy

Re: I love Bea's office---no cords showing or paper clutter!

A decorator trick is to bundle all the cords together and fasten them to a table leg so the bundle is camouflaged.  How well that works depends a lot on how many cords (sounds like a lot) and how thick or spindly your table legs are.  I put most of my electronics in a closet adjacent to my desk (which is an old table) and then just run the power strip along the floor into the closet, which has sliding doors.

Can't help you with the paper clutter, I'm still struggling with it, but I do have in and out boxes to try to contain it.  I just haven't created a routine for making those things work yet.

Unclutterer (google it) has a weekly office feature that often has useful suggestions for dealing with cords, etc., and FlyLady will help you tackle paper clutter.

Good luck!
Scott Scott

Re: I love Bea's office---no cords showing or paper clutter!

I also know that Bea first focuses on the "simplicity" aspect, so she has a refillable pencil and also a small, very sleek manual pencil sharpener vs. an electric sharpener...