I did it! One step at a time in restaurant eating...

I did it! One step at a time in restaurant eating...

We had an impromptu date night tonight and decided to go out to dinner. I wasn't prepared with my own to-go container, but I did improvise and avoided creating extra waste. I just wrapped the thick steak fries up in the paper they were served in and wrapped an unused (but already on our table - so would have been thrown away) napkin around the opposite way to keep them in place. When we got home, we popped them in our own glass container and into the fridge they went.

So, I realize this created waste in my home. However, I am just happy with the polite refusal on my part to accept a styrofoam box for the fries. :) One step at a time . . .
Nic.A Nic.A

Re: I did it! One step at a time in restaurant eating...

That is great! Baby steps. I admit I hadn't even thought of bringing my own tupperware for leftovers to a restaurant to avoid the to-go box altogether! I will have to keep some in the car now! My husband and I go to Panda Express twice a month (it's one of our favorite fast food places and when we travel to run our out-of-town errands we always eat there), maybe I will bring my own tupperware and silverware - though I anticipate very odd looks from servers and customers. Oh well, that means two less bulky Styrofoam boxes in my trash and in the dump!
~*Nicole

For more eco-friendly ideas, visit my blog.
http://nicinotes.blogspot.com/