How to store the household for 2 years

riyah76 riyah76

How to store the household for 2 years

Hey
I am planning to shift to Toronto for doing my post graduation. I thought of renting my home in Ontario until I complete my post graduation program . But I don’t know what to do with these items household. Initially I thought of selling them. But when I spoke with my friend she told me not sell them instead to move them to a self storage. I have a dinning table set of 6 chairs, a coat and few more furniture. It will be great if you can help me with size that I should choose for placing my furniture. Is there any safety measures that I should take before keeping them in self storage?
How should I pack them? Is it necessary to keep the furniture in a climate controlled storage?
It will be great if can help me it