How to keep lunch cold in cloth

Roxane Roxane

How to keep lunch cold in cloth

I was wondering how to keep a lunch cold when using cloth as lunch bag.  Would mayonnaise or meat go bad in summer time is not refrigerated?  Thanks.

Re: How to keep lunch cold in cloth

Yes meat and mayo can go bad.  Use an ice pack in an insulated lunch bag.   They're reusable.  I'm saving my ice pack and insulated cooler bag that I used for expressed breastmilk for when my little one is in school.  An old beverage bottle with a little air in it can be frozen and re- frozen and doesn't have all of the chemicals that a commercial ice pack would have.  It might leak eventually, though, so maybe tuck an cloth napkin in the lunch bag just in case?
Roxane Roxane

Re: How to keep lunch cold in cloth

Thanks... that's what I do during summer camp.  No miracle there.  Can only use cloth during winter time (I live in Qu├ębec).