Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

kjnethead kjnethead

Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

Hello.
Saw you on the Jeff Probst show at the gym.
Your book is on its way. Thanks!
I am changing over from heavy paper towel use to micro fiber towels.
But as I look at my sink and area around it, I am not sure where
to put a wet or dry towel. Where do you keep yours? Any ideas
would be helpful.
Thanks!
Kevin
Deborah Deborah

Re: Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

Hi Kevin,
The most important way to keep any cleaning pad bug-free is to keep it DRY.  I drape mine over the kitchen radiator when not in use - living in chilly UK it is often on.  Or just wring it out really well (microfibre is much stronger than cotton or non-woven) and lay it flat somewhere - over the mixer tap?  Or perhaps from a little hook held up by a suction-cup? That's where I keep my washing up brush.
But the important bit is letting it get dry between uses!  And change it regularly but don't put it through the washing machine with fluffy stuff or the microfibre gets all clogged up.
kjnethead kjnethead

Re: Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

Thanks!

Re: Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

On YouTube "How Jen Does It" channel she just puts her used rags in a bucket with water and vinegar, when she has 'enough' she just does a load of laundry. How are the microfiber cloths working out? We prefer terry cloth or t-shirt cloths for absorbency.

Re: Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

Additional information about microfiber cloths...look for 70-30 not 100% polyester, wash in separate load by themselves, use hot water and do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets...Still using our old towels and will be unless aesthetics really get me down. Have repurposed kitty litter bucket for rag soaking...
Megan Megan

Re: Help-->Switching to micro fiber from heavy paper towel use

I wring out my cloth and just drape it over the cleaner bottle. It dries pretty quickly.