Fear at the end of Social Events organised by us.

Norbert89 Norbert89

Fear at the end of Social Events organised by us.

The result of conducting a social event at any place results in a huge collection of junk waste materials. We wouldn’t even want to think about cleaning that beforehand, if we are going to organize it. But is it the actual procedure? I would say no.
We have to think of it and do the needful beforehand itself. We might have an estimate of how many people and what sort of waste materials might form at the end of the event. Relevantly, select a bin from one of the available junk bin sizes from your dumpster company to take all the post-event jetsam and flotsam away. The one easy way to collect the trash, is placing trash bins all throughout the venue. So, it may seem less of a disaster when everyone uses the trash bins in depositing their paper/plastic ware.
This is one way we can organize an event. That is how I do. What about you?
Catherine S Catherine S

Re: Fear at the end of Social Events organised by us.

Norbert, most events I participate in are with public school folks so usually less than 200 attendees and all are families with chidren of varying ages. At our last two schools there has been a policy of not providing: disposable  plates, cups, napkins, silverware, you name it. Sure there may be a random roll of paper towels but that is it. Attendees are notified in advance to bring their own water bottles, dishes, silverware for their party. Usually these are also potluck so food waste goes home with whoever brought it (unless it can go in school refrigerator for staff to use up). These schools have overnight campouts for students to attend which require they bring tyeir camp gear for eating, so every student has this stuff already on hand. It never seems to be an issue since everyone is informed well in advance  about bringing their own items (usually on the annual school supplies list and the particular individual invite).
Maybe you can consider this for your next event.
Norbert89 Norbert89

Re: Fear at the end of Social Events organised by us.

Thank you Catherine,

I will take it with my wife Ana. She is the one who carries out the planning works. :)