Favorite bulk snacks

Debbie Debbie

Favorite bulk snacks

Hi!

I am really trying to do more bulk shopping and have a really good selection of bulk in my small town grocery store. I would love to hear your ideas for your families favorite bulk snacks.

i see that Max (from ZWH) loves the fig bars. Anyone else have ideas for favorites to keep on hand?

My husband and teenage boy love the flax seed snack crackers.

So glad we have this forum!

Mau Mau

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

I'm just now discovering these snacks as well. So far I've tried and like:
- Maple-coated pecans
- Chocolate chips (not very original, but still good!)
- Chocolate covered cranberries, etc.

I also see chocolate-covered honeycomb at my bulk store, but am not brave enough to try it yet.
Scott Scott

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

I like the yogurt covered peanuts - very good - salty and sweet.
Rbn Rbn

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

We have one jar for a salty snack & one jar for a sweet snack. Each week I buy a different type so we don't get bored.

Ideas for salty bulk snacks:
* Tamari almonds
* Veggi chips
* Wasabi peas

Ideas for sweet bulk snacks:
* Chocolate, peanut butter malt balls - AMAZING!
*  Chocolate covered apricots
* Fig bars

Julie Julie

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

Sad to say but I won't be ZW until I can find HoneyNut Cheerios (or equivalent) and Goldfish (or equivalent) in bulk. :(

I checked out WF yesterday. Hubby and I can definitely do granola for breakfast, but the kidlets must have their O's...
Jenny Jenny

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

Julie- you should contact the larger- packaged cereal co. (malt-o-meal comes to mind) & see if they would consider offering in bulk- maybe even get a list of people who would be interested in this as an option so they can see the viability!
CMD CMD

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

Rice crackers, fig bars, and banana chips!
ecoliciousMama ecoliciousMama

Re: Favorite bulk snacks

i find cinnamon yogurt covered only at Sunflower Farmer's Market. anyone know how to make 'yogurt powder' they use to make these? i dont recall ever seeing *partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil on the ingredient list for the ones i buy. ick * i gave up on snacks like cheez-its for this reason and the following long ago.

i avoid art. colors so its those or reg. yogurt covered...there are 'blueberry' using art. colors.
my kids get one before bed, as a treat. most of the bulk treats i find are either
art. colored or choco. (caffeine)
we do buy walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans for snacking thru-out the day. i used to have a almond tree in my yard. i need a pecan tree to replace it;)
granola is ok, but messy with a 2 yo...also it has very tropical ingredients like coconut, choco, and other ingredients that all come to me from a very far distance, using more  fuel.

yes, the fruit fig bars are good too. i bought some peach at the peach festival here in AZ.  figs grow in my backyard, so i can guess the figs might be local.

my DS loves raisins. my DD doesnt.
i try not to buy too much dried fruit unless we are doing a trip or day at the zoo.
they lack have vit c and potassium that fresh fruit offers, basically only iron.