FREE Garden Tools (good ones) at Berkeley or Oakland Libraries

Sierra Sierra

FREE Garden Tools (good ones) at Berkeley or Oakland Libraries

Cities that haven't caught on to Tool Libraries should pick up the pace: I use Berkeley & Oakland FREE Tool Library tools for many garden & home repair / maintenance projects. I even helped build a Zen meditation hall with (mostly) free recycled lumber and free library tools and a lot of volunteer help. Community gardens even in urban cities could avail themselves of these wonderful tools if enough people ask for it from their local libraries.

Re: FREE Garden Tools (good ones) at Berkeley or Oakland Libraries

Tool Lending Libraries are a great idea. We've borrowed and donated to ours. It was a great way to pare down our collection.
If your community has one, use it, if it doesn't, contact your library about starting one, or do something similar via listings on Freecycle, or some other social exchange. If folks can share cars, clothes, surely they can share tools!