Ethical/Sustainable shoes

Amanda Jean Amanda Jean

Ethical/Sustainable shoes

Hi Bea,
On the note of every purchase is a "vote", I am having a hard time finding shoe brands (especially heels/dressy) that I am confident are being made with:
a) ethically sourced materials
b) fair wage labor
c) the lowest environmental damage
I don't have very good luck with thrift shopping for shoes so I am wondering which brand you choose when you buy new.
Thank you so much

Re: Ethical/Sustainable shoes

Check assessingatrocity.com.

My only concern with that site is their bourgeois perspective. They encourage buying U.S. made products. Since U.S. imperialism is  the #1 cause of atrocities worldwide on a large scale, I avoid buying U.S. made stuff as much as possible.  Obviously I have to make an exception for food.

But they have lists of companies and organizations selling products that could fit your criteria. If you must buy new,  I encourage people to buy products made in China, since the Revolution there is ongoing. The Chinese Communist Party has 90 million proletarian members, it's the largest political party in the world, and the Chinese urban proletariat has a lot of clout in China and continues the struggle.