Energy efficient windows

AbbyJValladares AbbyJValladares

Energy efficient windows

Hello everyone,
 I’m new to this forum. I need a help regarding the window selection of my new home. We’ve started the construction of our new home. Now it’s time to buy windows. Before that I need to know which type of windows will suit my home. Our house is a 2 storey building with 2500 sq ft and I’ve build it in a victorian style  but I’ve doubt regarding choosing the window pattern. Which type of window will suit it. My wife advised me to choose  energy efficient windows and she suggested a blog too(http://www.ontariowindowreviews.com/blog/energy-star-certified-windows-better-others/) What is the advantage of such windows? Can I make victorian model windows energy efficient?Please share your suggestions...