Enamel coated stainless steel

Zyanya Zyanya

Enamel coated stainless steel

I am looking at a tin to put my food waste in when I am out or at work so I can bring it home to compost. I though a stainless steel tin would be good as it is lightweight. I am wondering if it is recyclable if it has enamel on it?

Thanks!

Re: Enamel coated stainless steel

That kind of container sounds reusable.  If you're using it to bring compostable material home, could you simply wash the container to re-use it after composting its contents?  Otherwise, it sounds like something that can be donated and re-used by someone else.