Empty Prescription Pill Bottles

Michelle M. Michelle M.

Empty Prescription Pill Bottles

Any suggestion on what to with empty prescription pill bottles?

Re: Empty Prescription Pill Bottles

How about a free clinic, vet's office, or the SPCA/animal rescue group?

BTW, I was able to return to the vet an unexpired partial prescription we didn't use for our pet.
Catherine Catherine

Re: Empty Prescription Pill Bottles

Send them to Medicine Bottles for Malawi.  http://malawiproject.org/medicine-bottles-for-malawi/

Malawi Project Inc
3314 Van Tassel Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46240

They are in more desperate need for the bottles than the landfills are :)
Gayle Gayle

Re: Empty Prescription Pill Bottles - other solutions?

I just read this: "UPDATE – DECEMBER 20, 2015 – AFTER REACHING MORE THAN 1 MILLION PILL CONTAINERS THIS PARTICULAR PROGRAM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. The Malawi Project Board ...[thanks] you for your support of the pill container program and please continue with us on future projects."  Any other ideas for pill bottles?

Re: Empty Prescription Pill Bottles - other solutions?

See above, plus -if you feel you can adequately clean them- use for small bulk quantities of herbs, etc.