Earplugs

Sophie Sophie

Earplugs

Hello,

I have trouble sleeping and I need earplugs to be rested. The foam ones fall out from my ears so I currently use wax ones from a carboard box. These get dirty after a while and I have to throw them away (I worry that if they get too dirty, I might get an ear infection).
Has anyone tried reusable earplugs before? Any ones you would recommend?
At Home At Home

Re: Earplugs

I have the same problem. I wake up to any little noise or any signs of light. Light is way to take care of with blinds and going to bed earlier. The sound is tougher. I am trying to train myself to sleep without the earplugs. It isn't easy, and on nights where I know I need to be rested I use the few earplugs I have left. I try to use the ear plugs every other night, but sometimes on noisier mornings I wake up around 3 or 4 and have to put ear plugs back in- mainly due to the car traffic.

If you own your place you could put in better insulating windows- cut down on heating/ cooling, and noise. You could also insulate your walls better with soundproof insulation- I don;t know how environmentally friendly that is though.

People have also suggested getting a machine to create white noise, or playing music during the night.

Good luck!
Val Val

Re: Earplugs

You can get custom made ear plugs. I got a pair made when I worked in a place where you always had to wear hearing protection. I got them at a place that fits people with hearing aids/devices etc. they were made out of plastic and moulded to fit in your own ears. They were easy to clean since they were made of plastic and last forever.