Dishwashing brushes/Kitchen brushes

Cynthia Cynthia

Dishwashing brushes/Kitchen brushes

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else. I looked around, but couldn't find anything.

I was wondering, what kind of cleaning supplies do you guys use?

-Bottle brush (narrow openings)
-Sponge to wash dishes
-vegetable brush

Bea has the Lola Eco Clean Bamboo and Tampico brushes. I noticed my local world market carried these items and my old plastic ones are about to give out. I looked at the reviews on amazon and they were terrible! Every single product seemed to have bad reviews. Seems like it just falls apart. Does anyone have these products?

What do you use? Thanks!

Rachael B Rachael B

Re: Dishwashing brushes/Kitchen brushes

I have been using the Lola Eco brushes and they seem to be lasting pretty well. I was worried about the bad reviews too but they've lasted a pretty long time, although I've only had them 2 months. I find its important to take the brushes out of the sink and give them time to completely dry out so they don't get water-logged. Also if the handle breaks I can always turn my dish brush into a veggie brush. Lola Eco does make a bottle brush too. I know that they do make sponges that are made from recycled goods but I don't think they're recyclable or compostable. Have you considered using a wash cloth in place of a sponge?
Cynthia Cynthia

Re: Dishwashing brushes/Kitchen brushes

Ah thank you! I ended up buying the lola eco brush and it has lasted a pretty long time as well. I don't know what people that give bad reviews are using their brushes for. I also make sure to give them time to completely dry out Thanks!

I tried using a knitted dishcloth that I bought at the farmers market but the size it too large so I don't really like it. I'm debating on whether to get a smaller sized one somewhere. I'm addicted to the bubbles so if I don't see foaming, I don't feel like they're clean.
At Home At Home

Re: Dishwashing brushes/Kitchen brushes

If you can't find anything local you can order from Life Without Plastic. They are amazing and they carry all sorts of cleaning brushes for whatever your needs (and more than just brushes).