Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

Laurie Laurie

Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

Hello !

I'm a student in environmental studies and mother of a 22 months old boy + another one coming up in March. Discovering Zero Watch Home was definitly a turning point in my life, and I decided to change things in my daily routine.

For now, with school, baby and pregnancy, I must admit I'm very tired, mais I haven't reduced more my wastes since a couple of months.

A schoolmate gave us a challenge to reduce to zero our wastes. My main problem ? The night diaper... At day cloth diapers are super, but after 2-3 hours they leak. Even if I put two inserts...

Are you aware of any compostable diapers ? I'm testing the Seventh Generation diapers which are « green » and « biodegradable », but are nevertheless not compostable. I'd like to find some too to use at daycare where they do not accept cloth diapers. Hopefully he'll be clean this Spring, but the info will be used for upcoming baby too.

Thank you very much,
Laurie

p.s. sorry for the bad English :)

Re: Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

Have you looked at Gdiapers?  The covers are called G-pants, and they are cloth and you snap a waterproof pouch inside, then put cloth or disposable inserts inside the pouch.  We use regular cotton diapers folded into thirds during the day.  They also sell inserts that are flushable/ compostable.  If they are wet with urine only, they can be composted and if they are soiled you have to flush them.  I'm not sure they are absorbent  enough for overnight ( we use seventh generation overnight ourselves) but they might be worth a try.  Second hand baby boutiques often have them or you can order them online ( they come in plastic packaging, though).

Re: Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

In a google search, I found some called "broody chick" that say they are fully compostable
Kelly Kelly

Re: Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

Earth-baby.com offers a composable diaper service
Silvia Silvia

Re: Diapers at night (do compostable exist ?)

I know this is a late reply to your post from November, but have you started potty training??  You'll be surprised how quick some kids pick up using the toilet/potty.  My first child was done with diapers by 2 years old, my second child was done with diapers by 22 months.  Bea mentioned in her book about "elimination communication" which I highly recommend!!  Hope all is well with baby #2!