Deodorant x

Kyla Kyla

Deodorant x

Someone recently suggested I use a little baking soda under my arms as a deodorant. It worked wonderfully for about a week, there was no odor at all (even though I would sill sweat) however after about a week of usage k started developing brownish/red marks under my arms.
Any advice or suggestions ? Has this happened to anyone else ?
Reed Reed

Re: Deodorant x

I’ve been using baking soda for the past couple of years.  I like it because it’s so simple, and generally it works pretty well.
I found that if I applied it too soon after shaving, I would get the rash too.  So now I don’t put it on first thing out of the shower.  I’ll dry my hair or something first.  Seems to have taken care of the problem.   Hope that helps :)
Catherine Catherine

Re: Deodorant x

Baking soda gives me a rash too. It affects people differently. I have been using a mineral crystal. Unfortunately it does come in a small plastic wrapper, but the crystal lasts a couple of years and works very well with no irritation.
jessica55 jessica55

Re: Deodorant x

Yeah, I too had the same problem and then I stopped using it. Now, I am using some herbal remedies for getting rid of the rashes.