Curtain Rod Installation - Few Tips

smallmos smallmos

Curtain Rod Installation - Few Tips

Having trouble identifying the correct measurements for installation of curtain rods. Let’s have a look at them. When trying to install a new window or door project, like the addition of a draper, It is always a good suggestion to hang the custom drapery rod first. Then with the measurement instructions, we can order a new panel based on the chosen header. Some tips that has to be looked over are:

Best suggestion is to hang the rod 6” - 8” above and 6” past the side of the window frame. On a normal 8’ ceiling, we would be having about 12” wall space above the window.
If the ceiling is 9’ or 10’ with large wall space from top of window to ceiling, hang the rod slightly higher at 10” - 12” above the window frame to give an illusion of taller windows.
Leave a space between the bracket and the final for one ring(or grommet) to sit. This will prevent your panel from moving and provide a truly professional install.
Measuring instructions for Panels:
Pleated Panel Type: Measure from floor to the bottom of ring with the closest ¼” increment. 8 rings per panel would be required.
Grommet Panel Type: Measure from top of the rod to the floor with the closest ¼” increment. The finished grommet panel will have a width of 48” per panel.