Color Catchers

Flour Girl Flour Girl

Color Catchers

I use color catchers when I have something like a new red shirt and I'm not sure what it will do with the rest of the load. I found this link:  http://www.ehow.com/how_8680573_make-own-laundry-color-catchers.html

It uses stabilizer soaked in salt water.  I actually do machine embroidery so I have stabilizer scraps I could use.  If you know anyone who does machine embroidery, I'm sure they would give you their scraps to try this.  The stabilizer is probably polyester so it will otherwise get thrown away.  I need to use up my color catchers and start saving my stabilizer before I can actually test this to see how it works.  If anyone else tries this, let me know.