Citric Acid instead of vinegar

Carol Carol

Citric Acid instead of vinegar

For those who want to use vinegar, but do not want the plastic jugs, try using citric acid. You can get it through Amazon for around $7 lb. Let some dissolve in a jar of water for your hair rinse.

Re: Citric Acid instead of vinegar

What a good idea! Some folks will be able to find this in the bulk aisle at their local store as well (or in a cosmetics section, etc). Any idea what ratio would be needed to get same acidity level?
FWIW, I found this resource on using citric acid for household uses.
Carol Carol

Re: Citric Acid instead of vinegar

I used a heaping teaspoon in a quart of water and let it sit for about an hour before I used it. I washed my hair with my homemade soap http://www.goingzerowaste.com/blog/how-to-make-a-shampoo-bar , rinsed and then put the citric acid water mix in a big mixing bowl and put my long hair into the bowl and splashed the mix all over my head. Then I rinsed with water. Easy. Hair is very soft, but not coated soft like you get with cream rinse or other products.