Childhood Items

Star Star

Childhood Items

I have a box of childhood items, including: yearbooks, stuff animals, lava lamp, pictures, dolls, knick knacks, etc. I'm wanting to eliminate some of these items... particularly my yearbooks. Has anyone dealt with getting rid of yearbooks, etc. from the childhood? Do I really need things like yearbooks or lava lamps???
KelseyJoy KelseyJoy

Re: Childhood Items

If I were you I would take pictures of the things like the lava lamp, the dolls and the knick knacks and keep those instead of the actual item, maybe taking small things like the hairbow off one doll or keeping the whole thing of just one special stuffed animal/doll. Then I would tear out important pages of the yearbooks....the ones with pictures of people you want to remember, then throw away the rest. That cuts out a lot of bulk but non of the memories. :)
librarymam librarymam

Re: Childhood Items

Consider donating your yearbooks to your high school or the public library in the town where you went to high school.  They may want these materials for historical collections.
Spoony Spoony

Re: Childhood Items

I'm going to make a framed collage of my childhood memories to hang up in my home. I'm using a "deep" picture frame. I'm going to combine the items with a few photos of me as a kid using the items. Obviously, this limited what I can use.  The rest of the stuff, I'll photograph for posterity and donate.

Paper-based memories will be scanned, then recycled. I doubt I'll ever look at the scans, but if something comes up, I'll have the image.

Re: Childhood Items

Yearbooks: Recently attended class on Alzheimer’s and I think I will keep mine for this possibility, a conversation starter for me with visual memory trigger (book of old photos). But, yeah, onto year 36 post graduation and have opened box containing yearbooks 1 time in last 5 years.