Business Cards

Endearing Endearing

Business Cards

I am a business owner and I do get business through business cards. Any zero-waste ideas for business cards?
Elliot_Anne Elliot_Anne

Re: Business Cards

Perhaps printing them on plantable paper? Or having a stamp made so that you can just stamp out a business card for someone on a receipt or scrap of paper?

Re: Business Cards

I'd try to think of something your clients would use every day and have your name printed on that. Of course, we're all swimming in printed plastic junk that someone thought we'd want, so I guess that has been over done... Wonder what Bea uses in lieu of business cards?

Re: Business Cards

Ues a smartphone/iPhone app and send your information. Here's a place to start looking, if you have an iPhone. I'm sure other OS have something similar.
Could also email/text something eye catching that would include your contact info that could then be added to the other person's Contacts/Address Book.
If it's a less personal contact, a stranger wanting to have something from your business, I would think something more detailed about the business would be useful, flier, sample of your business, or simply something like a posted (or stamped) QR code, which could give the recipient access to website, whatever.

Depends on the situation, I suppose.

ETA: More on how folks are using QR codes....
Endearing Endearing

Re: Business Cards

Thanks everyone! I am a wedding photographer in a destination location. I thought about the stamp idea but I have to leave cards at different vendors for couples to pick up. I was thinking about making some postcards that would also have my information. That way they can re-use them as postcards after the get my information.
hannahransom hannahransom

Re: Business Cards

I'm trying to figure this out right now. I just moved and want to do more in person with my business (I've been doing it all online), but I'd rather avoid the paper waste. Even if it is re-usable, who is to say they would re-use it?

I'd also like something where I can leave my info, because I want to leave it with holistic practitioners (I teach natural effective birth control http://holistichormonalhealth.com).

Hmm... Difficult!