Burn or recycle?

Iona Iona

Burn or recycle?

We recycle cardboard and paper whenever necessary (when we cannot refuse it!!) but in the winter I can put it on the fire. Which is the better option, burning because it helps start the fire and doesn't waste energy and resources having it recycled or is it wasteful to burn paper when it can be recycled to be reused.......
Many thanks for your thoughts

Re: Burn or recycle?

If it has plastic or inks recycle!  You don't need to be breathing fumes. If its just clean paper, using it as a starter is a good use.