Building occupied by bat colony

flynntr flynntr

Building occupied by bat colony

Hello everyone,
I don't whether this question is acceptable here but I believe someone will help me to sort out this issue. Recently I bought a home. It’s an old victorian style building. The first floor of the building is occupied by a bat colony. I wish to relocate them. I’ve heard that it’s difficult to evacuate a bat colony when it has occupied a space. I’m thinking about renovating the house and remove all the cracked walls,chimneys and broken windows. I consider replacing all the windows of the first floor with non openable glass panes. Is there any tips in avoiding bats from my house. Is there any other type of windows pattern that repels bats. I’ve viewed this review site (http://www.ontariowindowreviews.com/)and decided on fixing glass panes which are not openable. Is there any other suggestions. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance….

Re: Building occupied by bat colony

I am a strong advocate of the US Extension Service. Do your universities have a similar service/community education function (in this case maybe falling under animal husbandry or even home economics)? I would start there before replacement of windows as you described, those don't sound safe in the event of fire...I agree that you are certainly facing a complete gutting of the structure once the bats are gone. Best of luck on your massive undertaking!

Re: Building occupied by bat colony

I'm pretty sure this is spam... they were asking for advice picking out windows a while ago with a link to the same window website