Books

KAJones KAJones

Books

I love to read. I have by default shared my love with my children. This means at night our three year old will return to the book basket ten times before finally giving in to being tired. Think Oliver Twist "more books please!" Although I would venture to say all books have been sourced from second hand sources. I can also say there are to many. We have enough shelf space but i think we may have to many books. There I said it. How many is enough? BTW our library stinks here. Maybe I should donate our books to the library. Should our daughter select ten to keep? Is a basket enough for the 3 year old? Help please.

Re: Books

We have a free lending library movement happening here. I am in same boat as you, except my kiddo is now a teen yet I still have the huge assortment of scholastic published books bought through school fliers. I should donate to your library!

Sharing is definitely way to go, if you can part with them...try building one of these curbside library boxes for your kiddo to "stock".

http://littlefreelibrary.org/

Re: Books

I would use the Konmari (Marie Kondo) method here.  Does this book spark joy?  If yes, keep it.  If no, pass it along. I think a whole bookcase of books is ok if you really read them regularly. If you don't enjoy or read them regularly, move them along!   The library is a great idea!  Breathe some life into it!