Birthday Parties

Katrina Katrina

Birthday Parties

I have 2 girls 3 and 1 1/2. My Husband and I decided we would try having their parties together. We haven't decided on where to have it though (maybe the park?) We live in a small apartment so we can't really have it here. I want to reduce our waste but not sure how. I thought about a cake platter and silverware but that would mean we would have to transport all that stuff back home along with everything else I was also looking on party city and saw they have natural materials like bamboo utensils but thats also a waste since it would be only be used once. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
CMD CMD

Re: Birthday Parties

What about finger foods and cupcakes with biodegradable liners? (http://www.greenpartygoods.com) You could do a tea party theme with finger sandwiches? It would be more on the waste free end of things with easy cleanup (no utensils--just a plate, cup, and napkin for each child).

What I might even do to avoid any waste would be to bring a bin [or picnic basket] of small plates/cups/cloth napkins and then use that bin to pack up those dirty items...go home and wash them.
alaskanmama alaskanmama

Re: Birthday Parties

If you butter and flour your muffin tin, you can avoid cupcake liners altogether!

Roberta Roberta

Re: Birthday Parties

We had a tea party birthday party last year for my 5 year old daughter.  She loved it.  For serving the tea (we also had milk and lemonade) we gave each of the children a real china tea cup (which I found at estate sales and thrift shops).  The children then took the cups home, in lieu of a "goody bag".  I also provided a few mugs for the boys (with pictures of dogs and such on them).

Everyone liked the cups.  My 9 year old nephew still has his pretty china teacup, and asks his mother all winter for tea with breakfast!
denial76 denial76

Re: Birthday Parties

You could book the best birthday restaurants NYC for the celebration. They all have private rooms where you can have the party. The best part is that you don’t have to clean up.
Jennifer Jennifer

Re: Birthday Parties

Check out Www.LostAndFoundGems.etsy.com they sell 100% plantable party items that grow wildflowers, herbs or veggies.  Get your invites, thank you cards, coasters, wine markers, etc and have zero waste!