Best all around Dishes?

Marihelen Marihelen

Best all around Dishes?

What are your favorite all aroud tough dinner ware? I have 3 piece meal sets but none fit all my criteria to pare down to one set. I'm looking for dishes that are :

1. dishwasher safe
2. oven safe
3. Microwave safe
4. soup bowl (with a lip- I make big batches & we reheat it in the microwave for lunch)
5. standard stock or easy to find replacements

Annie37 Annie37

Re: Best all around Dishes?

Corelle comes to mind.Usually available in sets or by the piece. They also stack well and don't take up much space.They come in modern or traditional shapes. I have some flat soup/pasta bowls with a lip that I really like. I don't know if they are still available.
Annie 37 Annie 37

Re: Best all around Dishes?

Even better for the Earth, keep your eye out for bowls and dishes that please you at yard sales, thrift stores etc. All the dinner plates I have in my cabin in the woods are Corelle acquired this way they are all the same size but are varying patterns. I have also used successfully for soup & pasta pyrex pie plates. Nice size with a rim you can also use them to bake!
Molly Molly

Re: Best all around Dishes?

Fiesta Ware
They have the bowls you are looking for, made in the USA, available in lots of pretty colors,they are very heavy but also sturdy.

Re: Best all around Dishes?

I agree: Fiesta Ware. We've had ours through 2 kids, and 20+ years. Aside from weight, the one problem we've had is a yellow serving piece that is showing scratches. Beauty, and fun, of Fiesta Ware is mixing and matching colors and pieces.
zhouchunzi zhouchunzi

Re: Best all around Dishes?

aloe water I believe you, you deserve it, LOL
My personal homepage: https://www.okyalo.com/