Bathroom faucet problem!

jessica55 jessica55

Bathroom faucet problem!

Hi, hope I get a solution here. Since 3 days, my bathroom pipe is leaking. No matter how much tight I close, it is still leaking. I can’t figure out the problem, if it is with the faucets or with the plumbing line. My husband wants to get the faucets replaced. But, I guess it is better to take help from some professional plumbing solutions. I doubt if it is the water line issue, since the upstair bathroom faucets are also having the same problem. Do help me with suggestions.

Re: Bathroom faucet problem!

Call a plumber. Unless you or your husband know what you are doing in the plumbing department.  Better to be safe than sorry. I don't understand the reluctance to get professional help when needed. Are you afraid the plumber will be bringing in pieces and parts wrapped in plastic?  Oh horrors, they may recommend you get new parts!  Get over it, your safety and the prevention of damage to your home or even worse damage behind the walls with pipes and whatever isn't worth going into zero waste guilt. Let it go and get professional help for your problem.

Why does modern society scare the shit out of so many zero wasters?  I  was never a "do-it-yourselfer" and always pay people to take care of my household stuff, because I don't do any of it.  A leaky faucet is very basic, it usually requires a new washer unless you replace the entire unit.  I don't even do that stuff, I call the plumber or the rent-a-husband and I don't care how many plastic wrapped products they use to get to the job done. My last faucets got replaced in the kitchen with brand new stuff and it's fabulous. There was no way I was going to run around town to "Urban Ore" or wherever looking for used shit. I love my kitchen and use it enough that I wanted style and function and quality and I didn't care  what it was wrapped in or that it was brand new.

Re: Bathroom faucet problem!

A lot of the posts with weblinks lately have been phishing expeditions, and have nothing to do with ZW, reality … One should avoid clicking through any of them unless you *trust* the poster.

Wish the webmaster/whatever would clean up the mess.
Marylee Marylee

Re: Bathroom faucet problem!

Yeah, it is better to call for some professional help. Check for leaks.