Basement renovation idea

bettajohn123 bettajohn123

Basement renovation idea

My husband and I purchased a home over a year ago. The homeowner did A LOT of reno's himself and did a lot of shotty work. The basement had a very cheap laminate floor that had a bubble or buckled up in one spot since we purchased the house.
Now that we have settled in we decided to tackle removing the floor and putting tile instead. When I removed the floor where it was buckled up I found that the cement is cracked, had lifted and was basically a pile of rubble underneath. The crack is close to a corner of the house and near where the basement meets a dugout crawl space. There is no other damage otherwise from what I can tell but a lot of the floor still have to be removed. Is this serious or is it as simple as breaking the concrete and filling it in and levelling it off? We would like to tile the basement because my husband and my father in law can install it ourselves. Should I be hiring concrete restoration solutions as suggested by my friend?

Awaiting for your valuable feedback.