Baseball (soccer) snacks

Roberta Roberta

Baseball (soccer) snacks

I came up with a solution for the inevitable baseball snack question: what to make for 12 kids, one peanut allergy, healthy (no cookies or muffins), with no wrappers or baggies, without making my child feel too different from her peers?  I made soft pretzels, off AllReciipes.

I'm so proud of myself, for meeting their needs and my own values.
Amber Amber

Re: Baseball (soccer) snacks

Great idea.
Becky Becky

Re: Baseball (soccer) snacks

we take fruit; cut up oranges, pineapple, watermelon, grapes, strawberries.
Roberta Roberta

Re: Baseball (soccer) snacks

I thought of that, but what do you put the fruit into, so the kids can carry it away?
Xochitl Xochitl

Re: Baseball (soccer) snacks

I was an assistant coach for a soccer team and some mothers would have the fruit in big jars and have them eat it there in the park and if it was oranges, the mothers would go around taking the peels to compost etc. Hope this is helpful.
Kim Kim

Re: Baseball (soccer) snacks

Bananas were always a big hit. Peel n eat, totally portable, and cheeeeeep.