BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Claire Claire

BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

This post was updated on .
Hello !

I am from Louvain-La-Neuve (Belgium) and sadly, I don’t have the Bulk App.
I am glad there is already a topic about Antwerp but it would be great to have a general topic about Belgium where the Bulk-App-less people could share their ZW plans :)
I’m creating one so every Belgian can feel free to share their places here.

The first shop is really awesome, it would be great if someone could put this location in the Bulk App.

Bulk Food:
*Alimenterre (http://www.alimenterre.be/wp/magasin-la-fattoria/)
-organic vegetable, fruit
-flour, rice, pasta…
-muesli, oatmeal, almond…
-spices
-tea, camomile, sage…
-biscuits, chocolate (with Stevia)
-cheese, eggs
* Oil and Vinegar (http://be.oilvinegar.com/winkel/details/louvain_la_neuve)
* Les secrets du chef (http://www.lessecretsduchef.be/)
-olive oil
* Market on Tuesday and Saturday

ZW stuffs:
*Dame Nature (http://www.damenature.be/index.php/magasins/detail/dame-nature-louvain-la-neuve)
-reusable cotton face rounds
-menstrual cup (MoonCup)
*Nature et Découvertes (http://www.natureetdecouvertes.com/magasins/belgique/louvain)
-alum stone
* www.sans-bpa.com
-reusable bag
-wooden toothbrush
-reusable cotton face rounds
-menstrual cup (MoonCup)
* www.ferme-des-peupliers.fr
-alum stone
-reusable cotton face rounds
-reusable liners
-menstrual cup (Meluna and Lunacopine(Lunacup))
Sebastiaan Sebastiaan

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Nice info! Thumbs up from a fellow Belgian ;). Unfortunately, I don't know of any bulk stores in my area (Tongeren, Limburg). I do know of initiatives like Voedselteams. To quote their website: "Een voedselteam is een groep van mensen uit een zelfde buurt die rechtstreeks  biologische groenten en fruit,  hoevezuivel en hoevevlees (al dan niet bio),  brood en bloem ... streek- en seizoensproducten aankopen bij producenten uit de streek."

http://www.voedselteams.be/voedselteams-in-je-buurt
Claire Claire

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Great! Thanks for your answer! :)
I’m sorry for my late reply…

That type of initiative also exists in my area. There’re several GAC (“Groupe d’Achat Commun”) in LLN which are working with the cooperative Agricovert (www.agricovert.be).
This cooperative reuses a lot their bags, jars… but it is not always zero waste because sometimes, when you order vegetables, you get a plastic bag or a rubber band with it. I should write to them :)
The only bulk shop I know around your town is “Nature et Santé Waremme” but it’s not very close and you can only find (in bulk) muesli, dried fruits, vegetables and fruits.

Good luck for your search and if you want to become more ZW! :)
SMAC SMAC

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

SALUT
ON EST EN FRANCE ET JE VOIS A LA TV ;ELLE SE MAQUILLE AVEC DE LA POUDRE DE CACAO!!!! C EST PLUTOT HALLUCINANT ET LE ROUGE A LEVRE A LA BETTERAVE!!! mais lol
Claire Claire

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Hé oui, certaines idées peuvent paraître extrêmes et rien ne vous oblige à toutes les appliquer :)
Je trouve que le principe de base est juste génial et beaucoup plus logique que certains principes de vie actuels.
Bonne soirée!
Oliiive Oliiive

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

A Bruxelles ya quelques magasins bio où vous pouvez prendre des aliments en vrac. Fruits secs, riz, lentilles, céréales et j'en passe..

- La Saga (près du cinquantenaire)
- Bio Shop (rue des chartreux)
- Färm, un magasin bio/coopérative que je vous recommande (choix immense) (place ste Catherine)
Claire Claire

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

C’est super pratique d’avoir quelques adresses sur Bruxelles!
Merci beaucoup!

It’s very useful to know some addresses in Brussels!
Thank you!
Sebastiaan Sebastiaan

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

New find! Food affairs in Antwerp, on the Paardenmarkt.

http://food-affairs.be/

Fresh food, bulk food, dry food, biological food!
Claire Claire

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Yeah, nice!

I recently went to Färm, it really seems to be a good store.
I also found the following blog where you can find a list of some ZW addresses in Brussels: http://zerowastebrussels.blogspot.be/p/directory_29.html. Still a nice initiative!
Some people recommended “le marché des tanneurs” to find bulk food in Brussels:
http://www.ateliersdestanneurs.be/fr/node/109.

So, it don’t seems too difficult to find bulk food and ZW shops in Brussels ;-)
Don’t hesitate to share other addresses in Belgium!
Sebastiaan Sebastiaan

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Sophie Sophie

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Hello everyone,

Here a website which lists a lot of places in Wallonia where you can buy local, not frequently in bulk, but some sell in refundable containers (yoghurt etc):
http://www.apaqw.be/Les-points-de-vente.aspx

I also found:
Milk in refundable bottles at AD Delhaize and Colruyt
Oil, vinegar, liquors: http://www.vomfass.be/nieuws/nieuws/blog.html (9 places in Belgium)
Tea: I've never been there but apparently you can buy tea in bulk there: http://www.palaisdesthes.com/fr/

And last but not least: very very local, in the Province of Liège: La Pruhlière (Battice (Herve)), rice, nuts, dried fruits, etc in bulk.

So far, the zero waste shopping experience never made me get weird looks or comments. I take my containers to the butcher's, and on the farmers market, I buy my olives in a jar without any problem :-)

I am still looking for vinegar (to clean) and other cleaning supplies (baking soda, etc) in bulk, did someone find some?

Claire Claire

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Awesome, thank you! :D

I'm just correcting the oil/vinegar link because it wasn't working >.<
http://www.en.vomfass.com/index.php?TradersBelgium

I've never seen vinegar (to clean) in bulk...
But I think you can find baking soda (in bulk) in the antwerps shop Robuust :)

A ZW friend recommended the belgian site Kudzu (http://www.kudzu.be) for all their online purchases (reusable bag, reusable liners, sponge, eco balls, menstrual cup...).

Last but not least, there's the project of a new zero waste shop in Leuven!
https://www.facebook.com/leuvenpaktuit?fref=nf

Have a nice day!

Julie Julie

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Hello Claire,

I'm from Chastre (really close to you !) and I have been looking for bulk for the last 6 months.
I think I searched quite well because I know all the shops you are mentionning.

Some more addresses I know :

- "Vert de Terre" in Gembloux : you can buy cheese and olives in bulk (and you get a discount if you bring your own jars)

- "Bi'ok" in Corbais : they now have more bulk than previously (rice, lentils, etc ...) but not as much as in Alimenterre

- "Agricovert" in Gembloux : extremely fresh vegetables & fruit, directly from the producers.

I'll keep you updated if I find bulk elsewhere !

Vive le ZERO DECHET !!

Nag Nag

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Hello there!

I am living in Brussels (Ixelles more precisely) and I have no car. I must say that there are not so many or convenient addresses where I can shop for bulk food and stuffs. However, I am using the services of www.cirkle.be which is a online shop of organic food. They deliver fruit and vegetables baskets and have a very good recycling service. They also take back yoghurt cups, oil bottles each time you buy another one.
I am really looking forward a bulk shop in my area!!!
Hannah Hannah

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Bioplanet accepts to sell their meat in boxes but in bioplanet Halle they refused glass jars, for an unknown reason it has to be plastic.

They also have nuts, potatos, ginger, fruit and vegetables in bulk. But they didn't deduct the weight of the box or bag.
Sara Sara

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

I found out about a lot of stores ZW and Bulk food stores in Brussels from this page. I found that the Sequoia and Bio World stores at Stockel are pretty good. They dont have bulk food except for some dry foods but for other organic stuff they're pretty great and I think even cheaper than Färm. I know stockel is far out but it's close to my place and I dont have to go all the way to the centre to buy organic stuff anymore.

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

That (Not removing the tare the weight of the box/bag) is very odd. Here in US (Minnesota) cashier has to by law remove the  tare of the produce bag if you choose to use one off the roll near the bulk produce. I would approach store manager about this next time and ask why you're expected to pay for the weight of packaging when buying bulk items (esp. if that tare weight is known prior to purchase). Hope you get a positive reply!
MonicaR MonicaR

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

I live in Ottignies but work in Brussels (I go by train):
here are some more options:

vegetables, fruit and pasta, flour in bulk
*Le Petit Maga: RUE DU BAULOY 27 - 1340 OTTIGNIES - TEL 010 /41 51 01 http://leptitmaga.blogspot.be/p/blog-page.html

* BelgoMarkt: rue de Dublin 19, 1050 Ixelles. Tel. 02 850 77 45
http://belgomarkt.be

I saw Be a Johnson at the European Parliament last week. Eye-opening and inspiring.

Marie-Morgane Marie-Morgane

Re: BELGIUM - Bulk Food and ZW stuff

Hello / Bonjour !

a new zero waste, bulk store just opened, rue du Palais 6 in Liege ! I did not go yet, but i cannot wait ! I added it to the app.
un magasin zero dechets vient d'ouvrir a Liege, 6 rue du Palais a Liege ! Je n'ai pas encore pu aller y faire un tour mais j'ai hate ! Je l'ai ajoute sur l'application de localisation.

The name / le nom : L'entre-pot.
FB :https://www.facebook.com/LEntrePotLiege/?fref=ts

je suis ravie, car malheureusement mon rythme de travail me permet rarement d'aller au marche. Ca parait prometteur : aliments / soin / entretien... A suivre !