Alcohol

Mirallorne Mirallorne

Alcohol

Bea,

I've never posted before, so if I mess it up, I am sorry. My question concerns whether or not there is a substitute to the alcohol in recipes, as I am in recovery and cannot use it. Please advise.

Thanks.
Scott Scott

Re: Alcohol

Hi - I am not sure which recipes you refer to - but typically you can either leave out the alcohol if it is a food / drink item...also, sometimes it is used as only a preservative (e.g., lemon juice hair spray + alcohol so the lemon won't spoil so quickly) - in that case, you could leave it out as well...

Sorry for a late reply.

cheers - Scott

Re: Alcohol

During transition, I subbed rubbing alcohol that I had on hand for vodka and while it isn't ZW and comes in plastic bottle, it did work...so probably better to go without and store lemon juice based items in fridge to extend the life of the mixture when prepared without any alcohol.
Falwell_18 Falwell_18

Re: Alcohol

I also had hard time when I was dealing with alcohol and opiate addiction. My life became hard to manage and anxiety started to increase but then I joined the suboxone treatment virginia beach center where I got right treatment which saved me.