3- eco-friendly ideas for old roof shingles

smallmos smallmos

3- eco-friendly ideas for old roof shingles

I had done some changes to the roof. The shingles were replaced. The blog article of Toronto waste removal company helped me with 3 eco-friendly ideas to dispose off the old shingles.
1. Donating: Find and donate organisations that accept reusable shingles.
2. Recycling: Shingles can become a massive waste in landfills as it takes about 4 centuries to breakdown. But when provided for reuse, it has many benefits like the asphalt in it can be used to improve cement quality, create materials for public paving projects such as roadways, reducing the need for oil and other new resources.
3. Re-purposing: Some companies and individuals buy these old shingles to repurpose them for different things such as:
- Stair Grips
- Driveway mats
- Mulch
- Sidewalk anti-slip
Of course I went with the re-purposing task. Used most of the removed shingles to build sidewalk paths.